Augusta Financial DISCLOSURES AND LICENSE INFORMATION
Augusta Financial, Inc.is committed to promoting the availability of credit on a safe and sound basis to all credit-worthy applicants. We evaluate each credit application on its merits without regard to the applicant’s race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, disability, and age, the fact that the applicant receives public assistance, or may have exercised rights under the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act.
Augusta Financial, Inc. has a policy of fair treatment and equal opportunity extends to every aspect of the credit transaction. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Inquiries, pre-qualifications and discussions
- Application taking
- Third party activities such as appraising properties
- Collecting on delinquent loans
We further expect all third party vendors, including appraisers, to adhere to this policy.
For your convenience, we have provided HUD’s language on Fair Housing as it pertains to our industry:
Equal Housing Opportunity – Fair Housing Act
The Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination in housing on the basis of: race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (disability).
In Regard to Mortgage Lending:
No one may take any of the following actions based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or handicap (disability):
- Refuse to make a mortgage loan
- Refuse to provide information regarding loans
- Impose different terms or conditions on a loan, such as different interest rates, points, or fees
- Discriminate in appraising property
- Refuse to purchase a loan or Set different terms or conditions for purchasing a loan
If you feel you have been discriminated against, you should visit the housing discrimination website (http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_discrimination)
Under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), it is illegal to discriminate in any credit transaction:
· On the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, or age;
· Because income is from public assistance; or
· Because a right has been exercised under the Consumer Credit Protection Act.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST, YOU SHOULD SEND A COMPLAINT TO:
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection
1700 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20006